Sunlit Family Retreat & Street Appeal
17 Ernest Street
It's easy to feel at home in this private full brick family retreat with instant appeal. This classic home set back from the street offers fabulous light-filled and free-flowing living spaces throughout. Freshly painted, polished floorboards with new appliances, this charming property is perfect as it is now – with the potential to further capitalise and create a bespoke family home.
This property is all about location with its beautiful elevated north facing aspect and spacious garden entertaining spaces - creating a unique haven full of happy vibes, privacy and tranquillity.
The level flowing floor plan provides space to cater for a relaxed family lifestyle now - featuring three bedrooms, a second living room / study, undercover outdoor dining and living areas, terraced rear yard and covered parking for two cars.
Conveniently located in the quiet end of Ernest Street within walking distance to schools, shops, buses and parks including Tania Park and the Manly to Spit coastal walk. This is a rare opportunity to purchase a classic family home in a prime location perfect now and with unlimited potential for families and astute investors.
• 594sqm north facing elevated block
• 3 bedrooms - 2 with built-in wardrobes
• Home office or games room
• Polished timber floor boards & freshly painted throughout
• Reverse cycle air ducted conditioning
• New oven and ceramic cook top
• Separate toilet and bathroom
• Covered rear dining and entertaining terrace
• Fully fenced pet friendly rear yard
• Undercover off street parking for two cars
• Located on the high side of the quiet end of Ernest Street
• Walking distance to Balgowlah Heights village shops
• Catchment for Balgowlah Heights Public School
• Quick access to city and Manly bus links, minutes to local beaches and parks
Rates. (Approx per quarter) Council $525 Water $340
ABOUT BALGOWLAH HEIGHTS
• Balgowlah Heights is an immensely appealing suburb popular for its shops, beaches, foreshores and parks with close proximity to the Sydney CBD and even closer to Manly Beach and vibrant village life.
• The home is close to all the best recreational facilities of 'The Heights' including Tania Park, North Harbour Reserve, Bareena Park Tennis Club and Balgowlah Bowling Club. Also popular with the locals; Castle Rock Beach, Clontarf Beach along with the picnic grounds of Clontarf Reserve and its dog friendly beach at Sandy Bay. Forty Baskets Beach is also a popular swimming spot with nearby boating facilities at both Clontarf Marina and North Harbour.
• Other recreational points of interest close by are the Balgowlah, Manly and Warringah golf clubs as well as the famous The 'Spit to Manly' foreshore walk.
• Immediate access to public transport takes you to and from Sydney's CBD, North Sydney, Manly village, Balgowlah (Stockland) shops as well as Warringah Mall and the Northern Beaches.
• The location falls into the catchment area for Balgowlah Heights Public School, and is within walking distance to St Cecilia's Catholic School and Balgowlah Secondary Campus.